We have significant experience in advising all levels of employees including board members, senior directors and executive level employees across a range of sectors.
We advise on all aspects of employment litigation, from Employment Tribunals to High Court employment complaints, and non-contentious employment law issues, such as reviewing and approving contracts of employment.
Please read some of our recommendations below.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Negotiating on and drafting settlement agreements and agreed exits
- Advising on complex contracts of employment
- Representing employees in tribunal claims including all forms of discrimination, equal pay, whistle-blowing actions, unfair and wrongful dismissal
- Representing employees in the defence of High Court proceedings involving restrictive covenant and breach of confidentiality disputes
- Advising employees on the best way to initiate or run a grievance complaint or rebut disciplinary action
- Guiding senior executives on boardroom disputes
- Support and advice on day to day employment relations issues
Examples of the work our solicitors have undertaken for employees include:
- Advising a team of employees on the defence of High Court proceedings that sought to enforce post employment restrictive covenants against them following their move to start up a rival business in the insurance industry
- Advising a senior executive in the transport sector on claims of unfair dismissal and disability discrimination
- Advising a senior finance director on his contentious exit from a multi-national engineering company resulting in a settlement significantly above the normal tribunal awards
- Advising a Chief Executive Officer on his exit from an automotive engineering company to include negotiating on his unfair dismissal compensation, the breach of his employment contract and his share options entitlements
- Advising a senior executive US national with a US employment contract on the termination of her employment for an international employer in the UK, to include compromising her employment complaints under US and UK law
- Advising on multiple settlement agreements across a wide range of sectors